Friday 6 March 2009

My Rose Colored Glasses

Last week, my good friend April and I took our crew to the beach for a dose of fresh air and a chance to burn off some energy. Despite the frigid air and water temperatures, Chi-Chi and Bananamuffin splashed shin deep in the surf as if it were July. Thankfully, I learned my lesson on our last beach excursion and outfitted Chi-Chi in a set of knee-high rubber boots this time around!

After our jaunt at the beach, we all made our way back to Seaside Farms to warm up, catch up and play! Standing in my kitchen, sipping hot tea, our conversation drifted to the enjoyment we’ve both discovered from blogging. We had a bit of a chuckle as we reflected on the aspects of our lives that are purposefully omitted from our postings. We both acknowledged that our writing most often focuses on the positive, the joy, the beauty and magic moments in our day-to-day lives. In my case, my blog originated as a personal creative outlet and a fun way to keep family and close friends up to speed on the daily events in our family’s life. It has evolved and shifted over time, but still remains as a means to highlight and remind myself of the “good” in my life. As I read through past entries, I often pause to smile and appreciate all that I have. It’s a sure fire way to give myself a little pick-me-up when I’m feeling down or having a cranky day!

So, feel free to read between the lines for a reality check! Know that it’s not rosy around here every day! This photo is a glimpse of what my house looks like today. This is what happens when I’m distracted with my crafts and the wee ones are busy and happy entertaining themselves. While I was lost in my “art”, crocheting yummy woolen strawberries and sipping tea, Chi-Chi and Muffy were hard at work for the city's waste removal department. The garbage trucks were hauling trash to “the dump” all morning long. I believe this pile includes every single last toy in the house!

Someone please remind me of the words to that catchy toddler tune. "Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere.....".

No comments: