Sunday 23 November 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas...

With all this snow on the ground, I can’t help myself from feeling festive! The Christmas season is just around the corner and with two and three year old boys in the house, it’s sure to be an exciting event.

Hubby and I are making a conscious effort to keep the gift giving fairly simple this year.  Santa will most certainly be paying a visit to Seaside Farms! He will leave behind a few sweet and thoughtful gifts for Chi-Chi and Muffy. Going overboard on the gift giving is always sure to backfire. The little ones quickly become overwhelmed and lose interest amidst the chaos of Christmas morning.

As was the case last year, some of the items under our tree will be lovingly crafted by The Wool Fairy and Mr. Wool Fairy (he would cringe to hear me refer to him this way!) These two elves have been slaving away in the workshop, creating a few special items for the big day.

I thought it might be fun to share some of the goodies I’ve got tucked away in my sack. I’m always on the look out for safe and natural toys for our family so I assume others are as well. There are so many unique and beautiful alternatives out there, I simply don’t understand why most people flock to the malls in droves.

Muffy is going to love his new birch block stacking ring set. I thought it would be fun to put a little twist on this timeless classic. The blocks were created with wood from our property. I left the bark on to retain the interest and texture of each piece. Hubby drilled holes in each block and tapped in a dowel. A bit of sanding, a coat of beeswax and voila, an easy do-it-yourself toy.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll share a few more ideas, so stay tuned. I'm assuming Chi-Chi and Muffy won't be hacking into my computer! Those two little monkeys never cease to amaze me!!

1 comment:

April said...

I LOVE this - I found a new product for Nurtured in 2009 that reminds me of this, I can't wait!

PS - Playstands for Christmas, ho ho ho!