Friday 9 May 2008

Muffy's New Spring Sweater

While the Wool Fairy's dear husband was off galavanting to exotic corners of the Earth, she had plenty of "free time" to fill in the evenings. With a steaming cup of tea as her faithful companion, she put in a fair number of hours, knitting up a storm. Muffy's new spring sweater is the result of her efforts and it is quite simply adorable!

It was both exciting and rewarding to witness the transformation of my hand-dyed skein into a unique and special piece of clothing for my little Muffy. The bright, playful colors are a perfect fit for Muffy, who is a bundle of bubbling energy and enthusiasm. I simply melted inside as I watched Muffy prance around the yard in his little sweater like a new spring lamb. I simply cringed as I observed him rolling around in the mud with it like a little piggy! I'll have to get over that I suppose!

I purchased this "Easy Peasy Sweater" pattern on line from Little Turtle Knits (www.littleturtleknits.com). This is a great beginner project as it is knitted in one piece and it's all done in garter stitch. I've got another skein set aside, ready and waiting to be knitted into a warm earth-toned sweater for Chi-Chi.

I'm still dumbfounded that a few simple bottles of food coloring that I picked up at the Bulk Barn could produce such a rich, vibrant color scheme. I must admit, I'm not keen on finding culinary uses for my set of food dyes. It's actually frightening to think this potent stuff is deemed "safe" to ingest. Although I'm a true fan of bright colors, I think I'll pass on a rainbow inside my intestinal tract!

No comments: