Monday 28 March 2011

Lucky Duck

With spring in the air, I have been itching to get back into the blogging groove. My mind is bursting with fresh ideas and inspiration. I’m anxious to get the bleak and dreary winter behind me and embrace the excitement and freshness of the new season. I must admit, we awoke to a dusting of snow this morning and the kiddies and I were bundled up in our full winter woolies, chattering our teeth while waiting for the school bus. It’s a tricky time of year in these parts. The calendar declares the arrival of spring, but Old Man Winter doesn’t seem willing to say farewell just yet. Nonetheless, I’m moving forward. I have been struggling with some personal health issues the last few months, which certainly put a damper on my spirits, creative efforts and general mood. Although I am still awaiting tests and sorting things out, I’m feeling much better and have regained my energy and focus.

As a result, I’m doing my best to simply force the arrival of spring, despite the temperature readings, forecasts and that blasted wind-chill factor. On a whim, our family recently picked up a few ducklings to add to our back yard flock. I was craving a distraction and a new focus and these buttery yellow sweeties are just what the doctor ordered. It was love at first sight for all of us. Although I have adored our baby chicks in the past, there is just something so sweet and special about ducklings. Muffy remarked immediately that his new pet Ducky (how appropriately name) looked so happy! They have such a pleasant and comical disposition about them that you can’t help but feel joy in their presence. Chi-Chi named his new friend, Lovie and is demonstrating a new level of maturity. His relationship with Lovie is bringing to light a very nurturing and gentle side of his personality that is heartwarming to observe.

Yes indeed, I'm feeling like a lucky duck these days, with warmer weather and healthier happy days ahead! I look forward to sharing and exchanging ideas and inspiration in this space once again.

No comments: